References of Governance and Public Sector Reform
Decentralization Programme (PPFD), Phase 2 “Reform of the Tender System for Public Infrastructure”
Counterpart Organization: Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ)
Project Duration: 01/2011 - 12/2014
The overall objective of the Decentralization Programme (PPFD) is: as part of the Mozambican decentralisation strategy, the economic and social potential of the provinces Inhambane, Manica and Sofala are used in a poverty-oriented way via the cooperation of the population.
Within the framework of this programme, IP Consult are responsible for the subtask“Reform of the Tender System for Public Infrastructure Measures”. Specifically, the financial management and the implementation at local level are to be improved.
- participative and budget planning
- strengthening of the external and internal control function
- financial management and increase in revenues
- capacity building in public institutions, especially regarding the planning and implementation of public investment measures
- support of the partners at subnational and national levels with regard to the processes
The project is part of a programme-based approach (PBA), which was developed jointly by the World Bank and UNDB. In this context, further training, the supply of materials, local subsidies as well as financial and in-kind participation in a programme-oriented community financing (PGF) are to be contributed.