Natural Resources, Biodiversity & Forestry
The sustainable management of natural resources (NRM) and biodiversity conservation is one of our main fields of activity ever since the foundation of IP Consult in 1979.
As a result, IP Consult has a proven capacity to successfully implement large, multi-stakeholder programs dealing with sustainable natural resource management, including nature and biodiversity conservation, forestry and agro-forestry. These programs aim to improve living conditions for the rural population and decrease biodiversity losses and environmental degradation that impacts the functioning of ecosystems, plus threatens resources and ways of life.
IP Consult's approach is built around services for sustainable use of national resources and biodiversity conservation, based on fulfilling the requirements of the UN Convention on Biological Diversity. This is achieved through sustainable forest management and land-use planning using state of the art techniques, local capacity building, policy development and the strengthening of both public and civil society organizations operating in the environmental sector.
Our services include the following:
- NRM policy reviews, legal and institutional reforms
- Environmental management and biodiversity conservation
- Community, regional and national land use planning and monitoring
- Institutional strengthening of national, regional and municipal administrations
- Supporting protected area administrations e.g. through management plans, demarcation, infrastructure and training of staff
- Advice on integrating forestry with biodiversity, water, livelihoods and other services.