References of Climate Change
Adaption to Climate Change in Rural and Urban Areas of Mozambique
Counterpart Organization: Municipal Authorities of Beira, INGC (National Disasters Management Institute), Ministry of Coordination of Environmental Affairs (MICOA)
Project Duration: 04/2012 - 08/2012
The project aims at an interim securing and strengthening of the effectiveness of the existing local structures, incl networks, for the adaptation to climate change (ACC) and the disaster risk management (DRM) in Beira.
The project tackles this on two different levels: (1.) the local DRM committees in the informal city districts which had already been supported in 2010 and 2011 are advised concomitantly, and (2.) for the municipal administration, the organisational strengthening of the department for DRM, ACC and costal protection for the management of the cooperation network created, including the updating and initial implementation of the existing action plans for the adaptation to climate change, have priority.
Main Services Provided:
- Gap analysis of the local DM committees and of the municipal departments for DRM, ACC and coastal protection, as well as calculation of the short and medium-term preferential demand for consulting services
- Analysis (rapid appraisal) of the existing action plans and other local instruments
- Preparation of an overview of the actors and clarification of the status quo of the various local networks
- Preparation of new or updating of existing action plans of the local DRM committees
- Updating of the existing ACC action plans, especially prioritisation, concretisation and budgeting of measures
- Consulting services provided regarding the integration of DRM and ACC in the municipal development and budget planning