References of Governance and Public Sector Reform
Advisory Services for Monitoring 2030 Agenda Implementation in Vietnam
Project Duration: 04/2018 - 12/2018
Value of Service: 735,000 €
Vietnam has successfully established itself as a pioneer in Southeast Asia with regard to sustainable development and green growth. The establishment of the Vietnam Green Growth Strategy (VGGS) in 2012 and the adoption of the National Action Plan of the Implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (NAP) in May 2017 underline Vietnam's ambition to maintain this position. The implementation, however, proves to be complicated in many aspects.
The envisaged consulting services are part of the German-Vietnamese technical cooperation programme “Mac-roeconomic Reforms/Green Growth” in Vietnam, implemented by GIZ on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Eco-nomic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The programme was set up to support the Government of Vietnam to implement the Vietnam Green Growth Strategy (VGGS) and the 2030 Agenda in Vietnam.
Accordingly, the module objective is defined as: “The Vietnamese government implements targeted measures for an environmentally and socially responsible growth process within the framework of the VGGS.”
The programme comprises five action fields which are linked through joint Human Capacity Development (HCD) measures:
- Green economic policy,
- Improving the public financial System,
- Ecological fiscal Reform,
- Green financial sector Reform,
- 2030 Agenda in Vietnam.
Its political implementing body in Vietnam is the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI).
The Consultant will contribute to the action field 5 “2030 Agenda in Vietnam” and focus on capacity building and institutional strengthening of the MPI, especially the General Statistics Office (GSO) within the MPI, regarding monitoring and reporting the implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
Consulting services with regard to:
1. Capacity building in the area of indicators & Monitoring
- Development of statistical methods for indicators
- Improve data collection and data sharing concerning 2030 Agenda
2. Improve institutional arrangements for implementation of the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development in Vietnam (VSDGs)
- Nationalization of SDG indicators in Vietnam
- Development of monitoring and reporting guidelines
3. Awareness raising
- Development of a country-owned, online, user-friendly, open-access Dashboard
- Development of PR materials related to the 2030 Agenda
- Organization of up to six seminars/conferences to raise awareness on the 2030 Agenda