References of Vocational Education
Capacity Building for better Youth Employment - Training of Learning Facilitators
Clients: National Ministry of Education Ministry of Manpower and Migration
Counterpart Organization: German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation (BMZ) through German Agency for Technical Cooperation (GTZ)
Project Duration: 10/2007 - 06/2011
The project is embedded in a conceptual approach, which reaches over three levels of cooperation. It links comprehensive models implemented in pilot projects with the creation of enabling structures in quality management, capacity building and labour market information and these with policy formulation, allowing feed-back loops forwards and backwards. The focus of IPs component is on improved youth employment through capacity building for multipliers for further training of learning facilitators.
Local experiences on the capacity building of a broad range of learning facilitators and of multipliers to extend concepts to other localities need to be structured and institutionalised. This requires the dialogue among all involved local, regional and national providers with the objective to pool and mainstream experiences, use slack capacities and share innovative ideas. The evaluation of approaches introduced at the pilot projects should feed into this dialogue.
After further clarity on responsibilities and procedures for standardisation, accreditation and certification have been reached a design of an approach for the area of capacity building for learning facilitators will be developed. Further more experiences gained with collecting, structuring and providing labour market and HRD information will be evaluated and made available at the level of other donors creating new or strengthening existing structures for labour market information. Close cooperation with the Labour Market Observatory of the ETF is pivotal. The experiences will be used to venture into creating a comprehensive labour market information system.
- Development of concept(s) for local / regional / national awareness campaigns (including definition of roles and functions)
- Clarification of roles of actors and introduction of aspects of overall quality management (output / outcomes) into and between participating institutions. Includes contribution to standardisation, accreditation, certification, articulation and RPL
- Standardisation of capacity building for multipliers for facilitation of learning and guidance
- Definition of structures and working mechanisms for HRD and LM information
- Further institutionalisation of the current MKI model with emphasis on the private sector