References of Sustainable Energy
Credit Line Appraisal for Energy Efficiency
Client: KfW Development Bank
Counterpart Organization: Industrial Bank of China
Project Duration: 07/2008 - 07/2008
Within the framework of a new initiative the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development is supposed to finance more projects in the field of climate change mitigation. In order to achieve this, funds from the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety coming from the sale of CO2 certificates will be made available at short notice. In this context, the German Development Bank KfW is planning to provide a nationwide credit line for the promotion of energy efficiency and climate protection in China. KfW’s partner is the Industrial Bank of China who is supposed to transfer the funds made available to the credit users. Possible credit users could be private industrial firms, cooperatives, public institutions (municipalities, public utilities, public utilities association) or public-private partnerships. The appraisal of the technical framework conditions and the sector framework condi-tion for the credit line was assigned to IP Consult.
Main Services Provided:
- Investigation of the general framework for investments in energy efficiency;
- Relevant legal framework;
- Basic conditions of the national energy and the industrial sector;
- Activities of other donors;
- Possible CDM potential;
- Analysis of the target group;
- Analysis of the Industrial Bank of China;
- Credit Line design recommendations from technical point of view.