References of Land Management
Decentralized development and investment planning - Project evaluation and appraisal of a new project
Client: Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Counterpart Organization: Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) / Department of Planning (DoP)
Project Duration: 05/2014 - 06/2014
Value of Service: 26,000 €
Conceptual, substantive and organizational implementation of a project evaluation of the LM-RED project and appraisal of a new project. The critical analytical review via the assessment of the achievement of objectives and the impacts of the ongoing project is combined with a preview on the design of the future project (strategic development, concept). Furthermore, the results of the interim audit of the NU-IRDP (Northern Uplands – Integrated Rural Development Program) are included in the formulation of the new project.
Main Services Provided:
- Mission management and coordination of the consultant in the evaluation of the LM-RED overall project.
- Responsibility for the topic "Decentralized development and investment planning."
- Evaluation of the components n° 2 (Decentralized development planning) and n° 3 (Economic development in rural areas) of the LM-RED project.
- Design of the follow-on project including stakeholder mapping, the impact model, the capacity development strategy, and an impact system.
- Proposal of target regions (together with the partner) taking into account synergies with development areas of other Technical Cooperation (TC) and Financial Cooperation (FC) projects.
- Incorporating the results of the NU-IRDP interim evaluation into the formulation of the new project.
- Development of a program proposal regarding the field of action n° 3 of the brief assessment (Pro-poor development planning and investment management with the participation of the target groups).