References of Vocational Education
Framework Agreement for consultancy services for EDUCATION FOR DEVELOPMENT
Client: NORAD - The Norwegian Agency of Development Cooperation
Project Duration: 01/2016 - 12/2019
Value of Service: 180,000 €
The purpose of this framework agreement is to ensure that Norad has rapid access to flexible expert services of high quality within the identified areas of education listed below. The framework agreement shall contribute to increase the knowledge base for the implementation of the Norwegian Government, Ministry of Foreign Affairs White Paper no 25 “Education for Development” and its respective work plans. The White Paper with its six key priority areas are in line with the education relevant MDGs and the EFA goals and the post - 2015 goals will also be relevant for the implementation of the Norwegian Education Development policy.
IP Consult provides experienced consultants within the areas of technical and vocational education and training: Skills development, private sector activities and potential interest in TVET, training needs within various sectors of the labor market. It also includes knowledge about TVET systems, vocational training, apprenticeship programmes and qualification frameworks.
The framework agreement does not include evaluations under the Instruction for evaluation activities in Norwegian aid administration (or possible later revisions or replacements). Furthermore, for call-offs where IP Consult could end up reviewing/giving recommendations related to projects/programmes they already have been involved in (e.g. by having conducted an appraisal/review earlier).
Main Services Provided:
Development of technical and analytical programme related documents
- Development of education policy documents and technical reports for regional and global use;
- Appraisal of project proposals from partners including multi-lateral agencies, INGOs and NGOs;
- Desk studies of programmes and initiatives and activities of other actors
Technical advice regarding country programme implementation
- Provide technical advice to country programming processes where Norway has a bilateral engagement and TVET is involved;
- Develop country- and project specific results frameworks;
- Review and assessment of TVET sub-sector plans;
- Review and assessment of financial reports, budgets, and value for money related to TVET
- Development of country specific concept notes and briefs.
Reporting according to results framework for Norwegian education efforts
- Reporting on results from county specific programs and initiatives
- Consolidation of information from different initiatives into the aggregated reporting on results;
- Development of information summaries, briefs and updates on global education processes related to TVET, and initiatives of interest for Norway for communication purposes.