References of Water
Identification of a Programme for "Integrated Water Resource Management"
Client: KfW Development Bank
Counterpart Organization: State Secretariat for Water and Environment
Project Duration: 10/2010 - 11/2010
Two Moroccan regions are designated for the implementation of the Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM) programme. On the one hand, there is the Souss-Massa-Draa region which is to be further supported due to the existing longstanding commitment of the German Technical Cooperation, on the other hand, an IWRM is to be established in the catchment area of the Qued Kert in the north of Morocco in order to supervise the development to be expected in the region from the start.
Main Services Provided:
- analysis of the potentials and limits of the conception and implementation of a comprehensive IWRM approach;
- presentation of the IWRM approach to the Moroccan authorities;
- institutional preparation of the programme;
- analysis of the legal framework for the IWRM approach;
- analysis of a potential distribution of duties to other donors;
- listing of the potential risks during the preparation, implementation and running of the programme.