References of Vocational Education
Investment Programme Technical and Vocational Education and Training, Phase 3 - Capacity Building Measures for TVET Institutes Staff
Client: KfW Development Bank
Project Duration: 03/2016 - 09/2016
Value of Service: 2,448,000 €
The investment program “Higher Education and TVET Program, Phase 3” will provide support for Ethiopia's vocational and higher education sectors. It follows the conceptual approach of the previous German FC engagement in the technical focus of vocational education in Ethiopia. The objective of the program is the qualitative improvement and expansion of selected TVET centers and universities thus contributing to an improvement of employment/income-generating opportunities for the target group.
The FC “Higher Education and TVET Program, Phase 3” focuses on the improvement of quality through the physical infrastructure by supporting adequate construction measures and the supplies of adapted technical equipment and machinery. Both TC and FC programs are directed towards the support of the vocational education system in matching the needs of the labour market. The proposed A+F Measure will safeguard the investments supported by FC and will enable the partner to use this infrastructure in the intended way.
- Training of TVET teachers and TVET teacher educators how to integrate and use the newly procured workshop equipment for better and practice-oriented teaching in 6 occupational fields up to level 5 training (technician) in 7 selected Lead Cluster Institutions (LCIs) in 5 regions and in the TVET Institute in Addis Ababa. ?
- Capacitation of Ethiopian staff with respect to the didactical integration of the supplied hardware into the educational process and its reflection in the institutional set-up, i.e. the provision of operational budgets and training material up to the preparation of examinations. ?
- Capacitation and training in the proper handling, use, and maintenance of modern technical workshop equipment in order to enhance good utilization of the training infrastructure on a sustainable base. ?
- Furthermore, the TVET teachers have to be capacitated in order to take up sector specific training needs, to create meaningful internships and to promote acceptance for graduates and job seekers. In a two way process they shall acquire skills to screen the regional training market for short-term courses for special target groups (a.o. for industry practitioners). ?
- Introducing maintenance concepts at TVET institute level.