References of Land Management
Land Management and Rural Economic Development
Counterpart Organization: Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) / Department of Planning (DoP)
Project Duration: 04/2012 - 04/2015
Value of Service: 1,344,000 €
Consulting services will be provided at the MPI-DoP in Vientiane and aim at improving the establishment of a socio-economic development planning (five-year planning of the government on district level).
In addition, measures will be piloted in the Luang Namtha, Sayaboury and Attapeu provinces. Here, the focus is on the poor and disadvantaged population in mountainous areas. The major part of this target group is ethnic minorities, out of which especially women will benefit from these measures.
Main Services Provided:
- strengthening of the responsible Lao partners’ capacities and competences regarding the integration and operationalisation of the planning guidelines
- improvement of the inter-sector coordination and integration of bottom-up and top-down planning processes
- practical implementation of the planning guidelines in the target provinces, use of the qualified trainers of the MPI and other ministries for the TOT training in the provinces (training measures)
- taking into account the framework conditions of economic development in the five-year planning, especially the increasing influence of foreign direct investments, while strategi-cally including the private sector as well as involving men and women with equal rights
- on the basis of a GIS, data analysis and mapping as well as spatial visualisation of data and developments is taught and trained
- evaluation of experiences and good practices to be used in other provinces (non-target provinces), on national level as well as in projects and programmes of other donors
- provision of consulting services and coordination of all GIS services of the entire programme