References of Natural Resources, Biodiversity and Forestry
National Parks and Corridors Programme
Client: KfW Development Bank
Counterpart Organization: Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MoNRE)
Project Duration: 09/2012 - 03/2013
Feasibility Study (FS) for the Preparation of the financial cooperation module "Sustainable Natural Resource Management (National Parks and Corridors) Programme". The study will plan how to improve the Sustainable Natural Resource Management (SNRM) with special emphasis on the conservation of forest-related biodiversity, protected area management and cor-ridor establishment and management.
The recipient of the financial contribution is the Lao government, represented by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MoNRE). The costs of the overall programme are estimated to be about EUR 15.5 million.
Main Services Provided:
- Sector and problem analysis, define and justify programme objective, programme area selection, organisational structure of the programme, outline main areas of programme interventions.
Detailed programme design including:
- Programme goal and rationale,
- preparation and evaluation of a catalogue of possible and alternative programme measures/activities,
- community participation and corridor & buffer zone management,
- management and rehabilitation of forests and corridors,
- institutional arrangements,
- link programme measures and concept to national policy and regional strategies,
- stakeholder and target group analysis,
- programme management and monitoring system,
- financial and economic analyses,
- detailed cost calculation,
- impact, sustainability and risk analysis,
- proposal of the required consultancy services during the implementation,
- development of the log frame matrix,
- coordination with Technical Cooperation modules,
- links to other donor engagement and analysis of lessons learnt.