References of Vocational Education
Palestinian - German School Twinning Programme
Client: KfW Development Bank
Counterpart Organization: MEHE - Ministry of Education and Higher Education
Project Duration: 06/2007 - 12/2010
The project has its focus on the further promotion of the Palestinian –German cooperation in the education sector. The Palestinian Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MEHE) and the German Development Bank KfW have been working together in this field for many years. With this project, MEHE and KfW want to strengthen a strong, regular and close relationship between German and Palestinian students, teachers and parents by implementing a school twinning programme.
The programme will further develop, utilise and sustain the potential for the well-being of the Palestinian youth and a better intercultural understanding between the two nations. Within two years it is envisaged to establish partnerships between 10 Palestinian and German schools and disclose ways of further funding and support of these collaboration after the this initial programme has phased out.
- Development and provision of a conceptual framework which takes into account the needs of a Palestinian - German School Twinning Programme
- Identification and documentation of schools and necessary support activities
- Advocacy for the programme in both countries
- Elaboration of procedures and staff training
- Facilitation and moderation of processes (Help with partner schools and development of establishment, support of communication, coaching)