References of Governance and Public Sector Reform
Promotion of Democratic Decentralisation
Counterpart Organization: Ministry of Local Government and Regional Development
Project Duration: 03/2011 - 06/2014
Value of Service: 601,000 €
The program Democratic
Decentralisation enables democratically-constituted munici-pal administrations to provide a range of demand-oriented and effective services to the general public. In this way, dynamic development shall be encouraged and living conditions improved. IP Consult is responsible for the implementation of the part of the program named "Institutional Development and Optimisation of Management Processes of Local Authorities". In this respect, IP Consult supports MLGRD in re-viewing sector devolution plans and issued guidelines of local governments regarding incorporation of devolved sector roles on their structures. IP Consult especially contributed advice on the national and regional levels to the MLGRD and its regional branches.
Main Services Provided:
- Developing guidelines for implementation of Local Government Workforce Struc-tures and Reporting (Art. 42(2) of the LG Act)
- National training of local authorities on implementation of restructuring and re-porting guidelines as well as relevant policies
- Preparation of HR and training policies as well staff regulations
- Strategic planning
- Organisational restructuring
- Developing and implementing a system for MLGRD to supervise performance of LAs
- Service Charter for secretariat to enhance secretariat's cross-sectoral coordination service delivery capacity through monitoring and feedback based on pre-agreed service delivery performance indicators.