References of Private Sector Development
Study on an Innovation Voucher Pilot Project in Indonesia
Client: German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
Counterpart Organization: KfW / DEG Invest
Project Duration: 09/2013 - 12/2013
Innovation vouchers are an instrument financed by the public sector for the promotion of technology transfer from private and public R & D stakeholders to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). From an economic point of view, the voucher represents a subsidy for the purchase of new scientific, technical or organizational services or problem solving by the company.
The vouchers use the needs and demand of MSMEs for technology and knowledge as a basis. With them, a bridge is built between the producers of knowledge and technology in private and public R & D institutions on the one hand and the MSMEs oriented towards marketable innovations MSMEs on the other.
The study investigates the feasibility of the innovation voucher concept under Indonesian frame conditions. The study investigates and agrees with possible partners in Indonesia / Sumatra about the overall concept, the involved national partners and a specific implementation approach to be adopted. The study is divided into two missions:
- a mission to identify a pilot voucher project and to analyse its feasibility
- a second mission for the implementation planning on the basis of a).
Main Services Provided:
Tasks of the first mission:
- Analysis of the baseline situation for a pilot project
- Analsysis of possible objectives of a pilot project
- Draft of a possible implementation structure
- Draft content-related concept
- Draft the main activities
Tasks of the second mission:
- Determine how the project shall be integrated into the counterpart organization
- Detailed planning of the implementation
- Develop a set of rules for defining the tasks and processes in the organization
- Formulation of a strategy to end the programm
- Detailed planning of the project infrastructures, staffing needs as well as training needs
- Updating and detailing the estimated capital and operating costs