References of Sustainable Energy
Support to the Climate Change Commission Phase II (SupportCCC II) – Component 4: Renewable Energy Development and Energy Planning
Project Duration: 06/2016 - 12/2018
Value of Service: 529,960 €
The Support CCC-Programme is a joint undertaking by GIZ, the Climate Change Commission as well as the Department of Energy (DOE) of the Philippines funded by the International Climate Initiative. IP Consult provides technical advice to the DOE through workshops, training sessions, studies etc.
Main Services Provided:
Integrated Energy Planning
- Analyze existing planning processes, tools and methods used, incl. data requirements/availability, stakeholder involvement, etc.
- Development and discussion of recommendations regarding the establishment of an integrated planning process and the required planning tools for implementing it
- Conduct trainings on energy planning tools/software
- Support the implementation of new planning processes/tools
- Facilitate the process of developing an energy vision based on revised planning tools/processes
RE Policy, Support Schemes, Energy Market Design
- Evaluation of existing RE policies and support schemes (e.g. FIT, net metering): assessment of impacts and existing bottlenecks (incl. administrational issues)
- Development of recommendations for existing and future schemes (e.g. RPS, auctions, adjustment of existing net-metering and FIT, etc.)
- Analysis of expected energy costs (e.g. LCOE) and consumer prices under different future energy sector scenarios
- Review of the existing power market structures as defined in EPIRA (e.g. bilateral PPAs) and it underlying incentives for/against the integration of RE; development of concrete policy measures to review EPIRA
RE Grid Integration and Management
- Technical inputs towards a grid integration study currently being implemented by DOE
- Studies / technical inputs on selected measures for improving the flexibility of the energy system as identified through the ongoing grid integration study, in areas such as forecasting, reserve markets, demand side management, grid expansion planning, etc.