References of Environmental Management, Policy and Finance
Technical Support on the Advisory Sequence "Municipal Solid Waste Management" within the Environmental Policy Programme
Client: Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Counterpart Organization: National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC)
Project Duration: 06/2011 - 07/2011
IP Consult is technically supporting the Sino-German Environmental Policy Programme in the framework of the advisory sequence on municipal solid waste management and treatment.
The Sino-German Environmental Policy Programme provides policy advice and support to its partner organization the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), to prepare and fulfil the specific plans regarding municipal solid waste management and treatment in the 12th Five-Year Plan.
IP Consult is compiling a short study and is conducting a study tour and a workshop with high-ranking government officials from the NDRC, the Ministry of Environmental Protection, the Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development as well as private investors and companies of the waste sector.
Main Services Provided:
- Elaboration of a short study on flue gas treatment in incineration plants for municipal waste
- Preparation and technical lead of a study tour on solid waste management and treatment to Germany and another European country
- Preparation and moderation of a workshop on financing options and economic aspects
- Technical and methodological backstopping services for the programme
- Tracking and monitoring of impacts