References of Vocational Education
Vocational Education and Agricultural Training Programme Phase IV
Client: KfW Development Bank
Project Duration: 10/2017 - 09/2021
Value of Service: 4,757,770 €
Phase 4 of the Vocational Education and Agricultural Training Programme is a continuation and extension of the Higher Education and TVET Programme phase 3. It was launched in parallel to the latter. The overall goal is to improve the target group´s employment and income opportunities.
The objectives of phase 4 are:
- to improve the teacher training at the satellites of the TVET teacher training Institute (TI) through access to practice-relevant training and improved learning and teaching facilities and methods for teachers,
- to provide access to better practice-relevant training (“level 5 of the ETQF”) for technicians at selected Lead Cluster Institutes (LCIs),
- to provide access to better practice-relevant training (“level 5 of the ETQF”) for technicians at selected Agricultural Technical and Vocational Education and Training (ATVET) Colleges,
- to educate gender sensitive graduates and offer equal opportunities for female student.
Pursuing these objectives will contribute to the National TVET strategy and to Ethiopia´s vision to become a middle-income country by the year 2025. The consultant is assigned to assist the Ministry of Education in the implementation of the German Financial co-operation contribution in various measures/activities in the TVET sub-sector.
Subcontractor: MDF Consulting, State Academy Baden-Wurttemberg, INPROCON
- Supporting the MoE in the selection of the LCIs, ATVET Colleges and satellites to be promoted within the project;
- Assisting the LCIs, ATVET Colleges and satellites with updating their institutional development plans;
- Identification and procurement of the required equipment for the LCIs, ATVET colleges and satellites;
- Planning and tendering of the construction measures;
- Preparation of tender documents, tendering, advisory services for the award of contracts for goods and services (evaluation of bids, proposals for the award of contracts, drafting of contracts);
- Supervision of the implementation and commissioning, assisting with cost control and acceptances;
- Training of TVET teachers on how to integrate and use the newly procured workshop equipment for better and practice-oriented teaching in 12 occupational fields up to level 5 training (technician);
- Based on a gender analysis a gender strategy is designed and implemented;
- Introducing maintenance concepts at TVET institute level.